Saturday, October 30, 2010

No Title Today

Halloween is almost upon us but I've been in Christmas land for months. Working in a flower shop means doing things in advance, way in advance sometimes, like artificial arrangements. I make the majority of artificial arrangement where I work. I'm not sure why, other people are just as able as I am, but it seems to be where I always end up. It's not that I dislike it so much as I don't always like feeling the whole responsibility. Christmas can involve a lot of artificial and when that's nearly done, I do fresh with everyone else. I'm proud of the work I do and I sometimes wish I could do bigger and better. This is a small town and not exactly  a "well to do area" so I'm happy with what I get to create. Having someone pick out something I make is a good feeling. I'm working on some Christmas decorations at home as much as I can with having no work space to speak of. That's a whole other story. : (   I met a sweet lady the other day who had purchased some of my Halloween things and she was a boost to my ego. I'll take that. : )  When I see how talented other people are, it almost makes me want to give up! The ideas out there are incredible and usually beyond my abilities, but I keep chugging along. My room is a disaster at all times and I don't accomplish much, but what I do finish, makes me happy. That's going to have to do for now!

1 comment:

  1. You should be proud of your work, it is truly amazing and I can not believe some of the creative things you come up with. Talent is your middle name!

    ReplyDelete