Thursday, October 14, 2010

Julie takes pity on me...

Ahhh, finally I may not be writing to myself?  Julie is a wonderful, talented, traveling girl. And I think she must have felt a bit bad that I had not one single follower. Thanks Julie. : )
   Day off today and should have stayed home and cleaned but I find that not the least bit fun. Went to an "estate sale" that was very disappointing to say the least. Not one thing that I even found interesting and every single item seemed very overpriced. I ended up at Westmoreland Antiques and spent at least two hours poking around there. From overheard conversations, I take it that a lot of dealers go there to purchase items? Who knew. Not I. I'm no dealer, I don't even have a clue what's worth something and what's not. I don't care either. I just buy things that make me smile. I also pick things because I see what other people do with them, since I don't seem to have one original idea of my own. That's okay too.
 I got 3 pretty blue canning jars, a folding yardstick, a Little Ben clock (that I've been wanting forever), a little bag of old cotton threads on wooden spools for 1.00 (needed something to put in my pretty blue canning jar), and my favorite thing, an old hymnal for 2.00. The book is filled with music pages and I want to use it to make Christmas ornaments with. I was pretty excited to find it because all the sheet music I saw was prety expensive and this has 900 pages for 2 bucks! I also got a nice old white platter (roast chicken size) and a little white dish perfect for a soap dish. Now I just need to get a decent camera and a clean spot in my house to take pictures. Hmmm, this could take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment